Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Goodies


I decided to get this out of my system once and for all - yes, I am going to talk about the Goodies, in an attempt to stop liking them so much! :-)

'The Goodies' was a TV show that ran in England on the BBC from 1970 - 1982. The three main characters were:


Bill Oddie (left) - the very out-there, crazy musician, always up for a good time.

Graeme Garden (middle) the very intelligent, slightly eccentric scientist

Tim Brooke-Taylor (right) the patriotic, kind of cowardly 'nice guy'. Actually, 'Mummy's boy' would be more accurate. But it's so funny watching him - he's so naive :-)


Incidentally, those are also their names in real life.

Bill and Graeme wrote most of the episodes, which mix satire and silliness perfectly :-)

Yeah, and they also had a few hit songs, I believe. Bill was a bit of a muso - he wrote a lot of the music for the series too. This picture is from a song they performed called 'The Funky Gibbon'. And no, I haven't heard it yet........





Haven't seen this episode, but it looks interesting.











Here's a list of their episodes (which I borrowed from http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/comedy/goodies.htm)

EPISODES
•
The Tower of London • Snooze • Love the Police • Caught in the Act • The Greenies
• Cecily • Pirate Radio Goodies • The Goodies & the Loch Ness Monster • Sporting Goodies
• Pollution • The Lost Tribe of the Orinoco • The Stolen Musicians • Culture for the Masses
• Kitten Kong • Wicked Waltzing • Farm Fresh Food • Women's Lib • Sex and Violence
• Charity Bounce • The Baddies • The New Office • A Hunting We Will Go • The Winter Olympics • Black Magic • The Lost Island of Munga • Way Outward Bound • Superstar
•
Camelot • Rabbits on the Moon • Hospital for Hire • The Goodies & the Beanstalk • The Stone Age • Goodies in the Nick • The Race • The British Film Industry • Clown Virus
• Chubbie Chumps • Wacky Wales • Frankenfido • Scatty Safari • Kung Fu Kapers
•
Lighthouse Keeping Loonies • Rome Antics • Cunning Stunts • South Africa • Bunfight at the OK Tea Rooms • The End (Encased in Concrete) • Goodies Rule - OK? • Lips, or Almighty Cod • Hype Pressure • Daylight Robbery of the Orient Express • Black & White Beauty
• It Might as Well Be String • 2001 and a Bit • The Goodies - Almost Live! • Alternative Roots • Dodonuts • Scoutrageous • Rock Goodies • Royal Command •Earthanasia
• Politics • Saturday Night Grease • A Kick in the Arts • U-Friend or UFO? • Animals
• War Babies • Snow White • Robot • Football Crazy • Bigfoot • Change of Life
• Holidays • Animals are People Too

Hmm....I own 16 of these. Crikey.

So that's the Goodies They're funny. If you want to watch some, let me know :-)

And another picture!!

2 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2006 9:01 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    I'm letting you know.
    I loved the Goodies when I was very little, but I haven't seen them since then. I remember what happened in all the episodes I saw though.
    I've noticed some friends of mine have the entire series in one pack, but I never get to see any of these. I'm sure I'd get a little more out of it now that I'm a little bit older.
    So yeah, I'm letting you know.

     
  • At February 14, 2006 8:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some say I look like Dr Graham.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home