Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Shiny shoes

Last night at Lisa's, I think a lot of us were stuffed. Well, I know 3 who were pretty darn tired - me, Pat, and Trev.

"You look tired," Lisa said to Trev. "That's not cos you're tired, is it?" To which Trev replied in the affirmative.

"You look tired," someone said to me (I can't remember who it was, I was tired.) "Yeah, I am," I said.
"That's cos you're old," said Trev.
"Listen, you geriatric, don't you think it's time you were going to bed? It's past 7:30!" I said. "Get your walking-frame and off you go."

It took a lot of sugar and hype, but in the end we all perked up - enough so that Pat, even though he looked like he'd lost a fight with a steamroller (which is what I told him today ;-) challenged me to a game of pool.

PAT AND NICOLA'S CHEATING RULES:
#1 If you sniff before you take your shot, your opponent gets 2 shots on their next turn
#2 If you sink the cue ball, you have to hop for your next three turns.
#3 If you knock the cue ball off the table, you get 50 points.
#4 If you make the cue ball jump over an opponent's ball, then you get 7 points.
#5 You can take random extra shots with the permission of your opponent.

Poor Pat sank the cue ball 3 times. 9 turns of hopping! But he still won.

You'll be pleased to know I didn't watch the Goodies today. Thankfully their songs are no longer in my head.......uh-oh

If you want to know
How to judge a guy
Don't look at his shirt
Don't look at his tie
If you really want to know him....

Look at his shoes! (Shiny shoes)

The devil has the smartest suits
That's what they say
But just take a look at those daisy roots
"Oh, cor-blimey, what a giveaway!"
~Shiny Shoes

Couldn't resist.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home