Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Last 3 Days

I spent at my grandparents house :-)

Now for those of you who don't get to visit their grandparents very often, either due to time or distance restrictions, you should try to visit them sometime.

REASONS TO VISIT YOUR GRANDPARENTS:
1) You can hear all about your mum or dad and what she/he used to get up to
2) You can learn about your family history. Sound boring? It's not - it gives you a sense of belonging - you know who you are, where you've come from.
3) Grandparents are just generally great people. They drive sensibly. They eat well. They are polite. Society needs more grandparents!
4) They listen to your stories, no matter how boring or long they are.
5) They let you read their books.

So:
THURSDAY
Grandpa drove me down to their place. We went to a fish and chips place by the Broadwater for tea. Then Grandpa told me a lot about his family history. That was great, and I think we'll have to put it into a book sometime.

FRIDAY:
We went out a bit on Friday. To Harbourtown (but I didn't go shopping, except to Woolies), to the workers club for lunch. Spent the rest of the day at home. Read some books, played their piano - chilled.

SATURDAY
I slept in! To 9:30am! (Grandpa gets up at 5:30am every day - he's a morning person.) :-0
Then......what did we do then? Just more hanging out. And then watched 'Fiddler on the Roof', which was LOOONG, but good :-)

Heh heh.......I liked this verse of the song 'Matchmaker':

Matchmaker, matchmaker, plan me no plans.
I'm in no rush, maybe I've learned
Playing with matches a girl can get burned.
So bring me no ring, groom me no groom,
Find me no find, catch me no catch.
Unless he's a matchless match!

And then

SUNDAY
Church at the City Baptist Tabernacle........which was great!!! And a couple who went to my church got inducted there - the husband as the new associate pastor. And the music there is fantastic.

Then we went to Toowong, and my grandparents pointed out where my grandma was born, and which house she grew up in. (Also, we went to Roma St Parklands for lunch) Then we came home and here I am!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great time! :-)

1 Comments:

  • At January 29, 2006 3:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, Grandparents Rock!
    That was one of the cool things about getting married - marrying the rellies! Now I have 5 grandparents!!! :)
    (4 of Geoff's and 1 of mine!)

    (Man, the word verification on this post is HUGE!!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home