Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Small Adventure

Today I arrived at school 2 hours after I left home.

This was because I stopped to fill up for petrol.

Now you might think that filling up for petrol doesn't take that long, and you'd be right.  But what it meant was that I was driving on the freeway a few minutes later than I normally would have been and the ute in the lane next to me blew a tyre.....and I got debris stuck in my car somewhere!  So I had to stop on the side of the freeway and Traffic Control pulled up behind me.  Both he and the guy in the ute checked under my car but couldn't see anything.  I looked too.  Nothing.  But I was pretty scared being on the side of the road when the speed limit is 110km/h.  Trucks move fast.

So I started off again, but the debris was still there.  Had to pull into a BP and called my husband and my dad, who both came out to check it out.  We went for a drive, and the debris must have gone because the noise in my car was gone.  Phew!  So they went home and I went to school.

And that was my adventure!

3 Comments:

  • At January 27, 2011 7:53 pm, Blogger Ashley said…

    That would have been a bit freaky, especially on your own. Hope your car is totally fine now. :-) How is school this year so far?

     
  • At January 27, 2011 8:39 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    I think my car is ok!! Hasn't died yet, so all is well hopefully :-) School is ok. Today, anyway! :-) How are you and Pete and Max?

     
  • At January 27, 2011 10:02 pm, Blogger Ashley said…

    That's good. :-) We are good. I'm waiting for Pete to get home and jumping at every little noise. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home