Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Swear Jar

Most people create a swear jar because they swear too much.  My friends and I decided we talk about school too much, and it annoys our spouses from time to time. (Three of us are teachers, three aren't).

So the concept of the swear jar has evolved - every time we talk about school, we are required to put $1 in the swear jar to save towards going to the movies together.  Campbell reckons we'll be getting gold class tickets in February!

Last night I had a bad dream about making students cry and school being horrible.  My two other teacher friends were there in the dream too, but not making students cry. I told everyone I owe the swear jar about $10!!  (if I could afford it).

Don't say the 's' word.......'school'.  (Uh-oh, make that $11!)

5 Comments:

  • At January 17, 2011 11:55 am, Anonymous Hayley said…

    Haha, that's very, very cool :)


    Althoguh I must admit, I often have to ask Geoff about school otherwise I miss important information (like the dates of school fetes, formals, parent-teacher nights etc!)

     
  • At January 17, 2011 5:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's horrible! I went back to school today, so school talk has begun again. My head is full of ideas to start the year off... no more relaxing for me. I think I'm up to $2... but I was the first to contribute (twice) so that doesn't say much about my success rate about being able to stay off the 's' topic! Campbell may very well be right! ;)
    Nelle.

     
  • At January 18, 2011 8:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol after dinner at you parents place last night i'm surprised you can't shout us all the gold class tickets and but popcorn!






    love you :-)
    laurie (aka the attachment)

     
  • At January 18, 2011 8:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I meant to say "BUY" popcorn nit but

     
  • At January 18, 2011 8:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bleh! spelling mistakes left right and center!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home