Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I get it!!!

School is made for students.

Students are not made for the school.

Teachers and educators need to adjust their programs to students who aren't succeeding. Students shouldn't have to (and usually can't) change their learning style to fit the programs.

Good thing I learned this before I graduated!!!!

(I know, I know - they've been telling me this for the last 2 years. But it just clicked then. I'm slow, but I get there in the end.)

1 Comments:

  • At August 28, 2007 4:54 pm, Blogger Luke said…

    It's so true. I wish that at school, the teachers had been more interested in what the kids wanted. I guess it's just hard to find that line between letting the kids do anything they want, and giving them the freedom to learn.

    Plus at university, when the teachers ask us what we want in our course, I think alot of us know what we want to learn (at least in music) however in school, I don't think many kids know what they want to do yet.

    Have you thought about how you'd like to handle being a school teacher? How will you adjust your teaching to fit the students?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home