Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

2011 - new year, new you!!

Well, not really a 'new you', but maybe a chance to revive the blog for at least the fourth or fifth time?

For the last couple of years I've been doing an annual post, but there are some really precious memories on here and I would really like to keep blogging and keeping a record of stuff that happens.  Random stuff, as per the title. 

Some posts are embarrassing ("Did I really write that? I sound like a weirdo!") or just a bit in-your-face (putting out memos to all women interested in a particular guy.....what the?!).  Things have definitely changed since my uni days, but that doesn't mean they're any less memorable or interesting.  To me, at least. And if you find some humour, entertainment or encouragement in them, then that's double prizes!  "You liked something I wrote - this pleases me."  (A very strange quote from When Harry Met Sally)

So, a few things going down in GrooveTown
-  The floods.  Unexpected, huge and non-stop coverage.  I think we will need to be patient for the next few months while clean up happens and we try and get back on our feet.  Can't help feeling proud of the way everyone is working together to help each other out.  Good on ya QLD.  I was impressed with the way Anna Bligh and the Police worked to give us accurate information continuously, and they seemed to really be making an effort, not just being all political and saying the right words but not doing anything.  Big shout out to the people co-ordinating the QPS Facebook page - couldn't have asked for a more up-to-the-minute, accurate place for info. 

- Screenplays.  Been reading books on how to write screenplays (aka movie scripts) and that's been really interesting. Looking into it.  More on that later!

- Michelle Bridges 12wbt (12 week body transformation).  Thinking about joining it for a bit of motivation and a bit of a challenge.  BUT funding could be a problem - have to see how things go.

I don't really make resolutions for the new year, because I can't keep them.  And this year I don't really have a plan except try to cope with whatever work throws my way.  Keep my head above water for one more year.  Then we'll see - maybe I can get a new career in the arts and bin teaching (or at least full-time teaching) for awhile.

What are your plans, hopes, goals, resolutions or dreams for 2011?

7 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2011 9:14 am, Blogger Luke said…

    Dude! Had no idea you were into screenplays. Have you read any of the Save The Cat series? Will have to talk to you more about that.

    I think that this year I want to keep the momentum going. The usual stuff like weight & exercise would be great to get better in, but mostly just keeping on going with the goal of filmmaking in mind. I've realised that I don't need to have taken over the world by the time I'm 30, but just doing what I can when I can is enough - and learning the difference between pushing through slackness and pushing too hard will be a big part of that.

     
  • At January 16, 2011 2:47 pm, Blogger Nicola said…

    Yes!! Save the Cat Goes to the Movies was what got me started!! Loved it. Haven't been able to get a hold of the first one yet though.

     
  • At January 16, 2011 4:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh! The annual blog... Good job Nic! What to do for resolutions? To be honest, I'm not really a lover of resolutions, cause I always break them and get frustrated... but what I would resolve to do for this month? Hmmm... get through school with a smile and a good start. Keep relying on God through it. Save some money if possible. Yep that about sums it up!
    Nelle.

     
  • At January 16, 2011 6:59 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    I like it. Good job Nelle.

    Hmmm....I can post under two usernames here. Muhahaha.

     
  • At January 16, 2011 9:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My new years resolution is to read more of Nicola's blogs and like more of her facebook videos :-)

    Laurie (aka the husband)

     
  • At January 16, 2011 9:42 pm, Blogger Nicola said…

    I like it!! Yes please!!

     
  • At January 16, 2011 9:43 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Me too (hehehe)

    WV: lamedi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home