Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Panic!

Mum thought that I might need a visa to go to Japan. So did her friend.

This was making me a bit stressed, considering I only have 3 days until I leave the country.

Thankfully this was on the Japan Embassy website:



Temporary Visitor's Visa


Permitted activities


Holiday, visiting relatives, participating in athletic tournaments as an amateur, business trip not involving the earning of money in Japan, attending lectures or trade fairs, academic surveys, research presentations or other similar activities during a short period of stay in Japan.
As of 1 December 1998, Australians travelling with a valid Australian passport no longer need a visa if their purpose of travel to Japan is for the above activities and the proposed period of stay is no more than 90 days. The Australian passport must remain valid during the period of the stay but there is no minimum period of validity required.



(C) Embassy of Japan, Canberra. All rights reserved.


Whew!

Thanks for the prayers guys - I appreciate them soooo much. I wish I could take you all there with me! :-)

3 Comments:

  • At November 19, 2006 9:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    um, noof, i really dont think we'd ALL fit in your suitcase.... :P

    Have fun over there hunni!!!!

     
  • At November 20, 2006 6:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Noof,

    Wow, I'm flattered! A comment on my blog from Changi airport! Thanks! That is a first!!

    ...I'll bet you've never had a comment from someone sitting in a UQ lab! ...no, wait, my mistake. That's where my last comment on your blog was from. Ok, how about, you've never had a comment from someone with three essays all still overdue one week after exams. That would be me.

    It's great to hear you're safe and part-way to Japan! Also great to hear you found sleepinginairports.com! It's a great site. Good fun. Seeya!

     
  • At November 22, 2006 2:14 pm, Blogger Luke said…

    Hey nic! Looking forward to the first blog entry from japan!! Or ... about japan when you get back (which is probably the first time you'll get some time to yourself) But yeah. Hope everything's going well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home