Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Odds and ends

Regarding the whole Steve Irwin thing, it was quite a shock, and pretty sad. However, I did hear a rather odd comment on a news program last night:

"How did you feel when you heard that Steve had died at the hands of a stingray?"

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't believe it was the hands that killed him, if you catch my drift.


Onto another topic: I found this word-picture in Proverbs that I thought was hilarious at the time:

"As a door swings back and forth on its hinges,
so the lazy person turns over in bed." (Prov 26:14, NLT)

Also,
"Interfering in someone else's argument
is as foolish as yanking a dog's ears." (Prov 26:17, NLT)

Oh, but this one was classic:
"Honouring a fool
is as foolish as tying a stone to a slingshot." (Prov 26:8, NLT)

They made me chuckle.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home