Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Friday, October 13, 2006

prac

Today I went to the pub to have lunch with some of the teachers from my prac school.

I feel a bit like a fish out of water. Everyone's really nice - but I'm just.........young. Naive? I feel like I don't know anything.

Plus, I just don't fit. Actually, I don't think I fit 100% anywhere - but pretty close in some places. Anyway, my supervising teacher, who insisted on shouting me a drink, was a bit taken aback that I don't really drink, and I wanted lemon lime and bitters (the drink of choice, hey Hann? ;-)

"Ah well," he said, "a few more years and you'll be drinking like the rest of us."
"Nah, I won't," I said. AWKWARD........

Isn't awkward such an awkward word?

Man alive. I gotta go get some sleep.

Pray for me guys! Pray I'm salt and light to the staffroom.

4 Comments:

  • At October 13, 2006 10:39 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    so true, but i dont feel like i dont fit in because i dont drink. every time i finish prac, our groupmates would like to go to the nearest pub to have lunch, and drink...

     
  • At October 16, 2006 2:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hang in there nic
    i always feel young and like i don't know anything on prac aswell. remember that it is a learning experience and all those teachers were just like you once.

     
  • At October 16, 2006 4:51 pm, Blogger Redhillducks said…

    Hey Nic,

    Don't doubt yourself. Don't doubt yourself for one second. I know 1 Timothy 4:12 is oft-quoted, but it's such a great verse. You don't fit in for a good reason: because you ARE salt and light. And that is really cool. Be confident and know you are making an impact, even if you feel way out of your depth. You might not have life experience compared to just about everyone around you, but you have what most of them probably don't have: you know who Jesus is. And that's far more valuable.

    Sorry for my rambling... it's just something I have strong feelings on... years ago (many years now) I was a 19-year-old journo at a newspaper. Just moved town. Lived with a hard drinking photographer. All my friends were journos and photogs who basically lived at the pub. So I lived there too. Wish I'd known what I know now! So again - don't doubt yourself and don't let anything throw you. You're there for a purpose :-)

     
  • At October 24, 2006 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Nic!

    I wouldn't have a clue about what its like on prac coz I've never been myself, but I do know nic that you'd be doing a terrific job - in the classroom, in the staffroom and even in the pub :D I laugh at the thought of you sitting there drinking your LLB (yes, please!) haha... but seriously Nic, God has given you wonderful opportunities to witness and sounds like you are doing wonderfully :) :) :) Praying for you, can't wait till you're finished and we can catch up!
    Lots of love,
    Hannah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home