Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Due to popular demand.....

Not really popular demand. I was teasing Pete for his lack of update, before he so graciously pointed out that my blog had been un-updated for longer than his. So I felt a bit silly and made an excuse about how nothing exciting has been happening to me lately.

But now I'm going to tell you what has been happening.

MONDAY: Writing assignment
TUESDAY: Work, Pancake manor and songwriting. Starting a cold?
WEDNESDAY: Writing assignment. Received email telling me we all had a week's extension on said assignment. Songwriting. Studying for exam. Home group. Not really a cold, just a scratchy throat.
THURSDAY: Studying. Songwriting. Coughing.
FRIDAY: Studying. Songwriting. More coughing. Couldn't sleep to 1:30am due to coughing.
SATURDAY: Exam at 8:30am. Talking to friends. Worn out by friends. Coughing. Chocolate purchasing. Medicine taking. Blog updating.

Maybe I'll post some song lyrics. Except I don't like some of them. And the music is like.....blah....but you don't have to hear that. Well, some of it is blah. I'll just call it a work in progress.

5 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2006 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm..I never really sleep until 1 30 am. Oh well:) Hope your exam went well...look forward to hearing these songs lyrics of yours. Shouldn't be too bad...at least hopefully not reflective of your taste in music:P

     
  • At June 11, 2006 4:03 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    That must be some cough you have, Aaron. :P
    Anyway, everyone's taste of music is wrong, except for mine which is correct. :D

     
  • At June 12, 2006 5:19 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Thanks Aaron, you inspire such confidence :-p

     
  • At June 12, 2006 5:20 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Also, both of you, think about what you're saying when you say 'my taste in music is right and yours is wrong'......you're completely contradicting yourself. A taste is an opinion, not a fact, therefore it can't be 'wrong'. :-p

     
  • At June 12, 2006 10:03 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    Sorry Aaron, for my sarcasm.

    Despite having a narrow taste in music myself, I do appreciate other people's taste in music.

    I appreciate it when others rave about music that I don't appreciate, and I feel sad when others apparently feel that they're not qualified to comment on music I like or vice versa.

    You don't have to be an expert on Baroque composers or something to say "I like that, it makes me feel excited or sad or whatever." I like to know when people like/don't-like music.

    I'm certainly not an expert on the music I like. The only thing I know is when I hear music I like. I go, "What was that called? I liked that." But then I usually forget anyway. Most of the time I like music based on memories it brings up anyway.

    I like to listen to music I don't like in an attempt to understand close friends who rave about the words.

    There's a lot of music I hated when I first heard it, but I like hearing it now, because it reminds me of when I had that great time with the friends/family who listened to it all the time.

    I'm sorry, all that just came from somewhere else.

    Sorry again, Aaron.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home