Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

RIGHT!

That's my teacher voice.

Prac finishes tomorrow and I will be sad :-( I might volunteer to go back there sometime to help out. I feel lucky - I've had the opportunity to deal with behavioural issues that prac students in Brisbane haven't.

If you wanna cry
I'll give you something to cry about
If you wanna whinge
I'll give you something to whinge about
If you wanna yell
I'll give you something to yell about
If you wanna mope
It's your choice.


Those are some lyrics to an 'angry' song I'm writing. But I'm thinking it might not turn out so angry - it might just be a song about responsibility.

One day I'll pull my teacher voice on you, and you'll go "Settle down!" and then I'll send you to the RTC. Or you'll go, "whoa" and then, "Sorry miss."

;-)

Things I've loved about prac:
I have a lot more confidence. In confronting people. I never used to be able to. I have to confront students ALL THE TIME now. I think I'm better at acting annoyed, or expressing it when I really am annoyed. This may be both positive and negative.

The friendly teachers in my staffroom. They are AWESOME.

Not feeling judged by my appearance?? Weird hey. But I go to uni and there's girls who are like size 2 wearing these short, low-cut, tiny clothes........and I'm like "Aren't you cold?" :-p And I feel like they're thinking, "So do you regularly shop at St Vinnies or what?" and "Why don't you take up smoking and lose some weight?" and then I just feel insecure............teachers aren't like that. Not these ones, anyway.

Things I'm a little concerned about:
My attitude. I'm a bit more pushy. I'm a bit more ready for a fight. I'm a bit more cocky. And if you really want to, I'll probably take you on. I won't get personal.........but it's not going to be fun. So I've gotta watch that. It could be positive if I use it to speak up for what needs to be said - not for my own selfish purposes. But being human I'll probably - ok, will definitely - fail. But I won't set out to be selfish, promise.

3 Comments:

  • At June 01, 2006 11:09 pm, Blogger Trevor said…

    Excellent!!
    I look forward to taking on the teacher voiced Nic who will give me something to cry about, something to whinge about and something to yell about. But if you give me something to yell about and I then yell, won't that bring out the teacher in me? And then that would give you something to yell about, and then ... exciting times ;)
    Glad you enjoyed prac nic.

     
  • At June 02, 2006 6:07 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    I know the feeling.
    On a camp I once made some really severe accusations against someone that they hated me. I had never done anything like that before.
    After that I got on a role and made accusations to someone else that they had turned this person against me.
    After that I just got in everyone's face everytime they were taking advantage of me.

    "No! I am not going to clean the leaves from the bottom of your swimming pool with a vacuum cleaner while it's full of water."
    At the time I thought that saying that was the most daring thing I'd ever said.

    Within a week God told me to get in someone's face and say something He wanted me to say, but I disobeyed. Immediately I was over my "I'm in your face now" phase.

    I find it's much easier to talk to people after talking to children, but I suspect that you've been talking to the older harder kind. You have my admiration.

    WV: qcpmat

     
  • At June 24, 2006 8:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh! Oh!
    Fight with me :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home