Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Well...

Well, I thought that last post would have generated a fair bit of discussion, being so 'deep', but I guess not, eh? Then again, the blogging community seems to have gone walkabout. Gone are the days when we used to update daily (okay, when I used to update daily.....) And that's not a bad thing at all. It just means I have to learn to exercise patience - unlike Gloria, who has to learn to exercise patients - sorry, but it's been a long day.

There are so many stories I think highlights and lowlights are in order.

HIGHLIGHTS:
One of the teachers in my staffroom wants to work at Griffith uni next semester, lecturing. It looked like she wouldn't be able to, as the school couldn't find a replacement for her. I went home and prayed she would be able to go. The next day she walked in and said, "They found a replacement! I can go!"

LOWLIGHT:
I haven't told her yet that I prayed.

HIGHLIGHT:
But I wrote a note and will *hopefully* deliver tomorrow if I feel it's appropriate to do so.

LOWLIGHT:
She might think I'm weird and harrassing her.

HIGHLIGHT:
But the note sounds really normal and matter-of-fact, so hopefully she won't.

LOWLIGHT:
The kids are feral sometimes. I mean that in the true sense of the word - spitting, swearing etc.
LOWLIGHT AGAIN:
But if you see some of their family backgrounds, you understand why.
WEIRD LIGHT:
One of my friends on prac at a primary school had a dad say to her, 'I don't know why my son f****** swears.' (Yes, I believe he pronounced all the stars :-p )
HIGHLIGHTS:
The teachers in the staffroom are beautiful people and I will miss them all.
I love getting ready to do lessons - I like teaching.

I'm exhausted now and need to go to bed. But I will post a few great quotes from Blue Like Jazz too.

5 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2006 11:12 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    haha, i laughed! we miss u at night life nic!

     
  • At May 26, 2006 8:57 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    Glorify God. It gives people the courage to pray and God the opportunity to answer.

     
  • At May 29, 2006 8:03 pm, Blogger Trevor said…

    How did the giving the letter pan out?
    Sorry I have been absent from blogland for some time, but uniland (that other reality which bites harder than blogland) does sometimes impose unbelievable numbers of assignments [which aren't over yet :( ]
    Anyway, you're blog, let me know.

     
  • At May 30, 2006 7:20 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Went well, thanks Trev! I put the note on her desk, she read it yesterday - didn't say anything but was really nice to me all day, so I'd say it was a positive thing. :-)

     
  • At May 31, 2006 7:29 pm, Blogger Trevor said…

    Thats great news.
    Well done Nic

     

Post a Comment

<< Home