Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Falling Out

Face down
This carpet tastes like coffee grounds
Ground into my
Face now
And every angle's covered
With just another
Band-aid. ~Falling Out, Relient K

Yesterday I stacked it.

I was running towards the bus stop, thinking my bus was there. It had started raining completely unexpectedly. The tiles were slippery. I was wearing my rubber thongs.

All the seats were full of people waiting for buses as I slipped, started falling backwards, steadied myself, and fell forwards at the feet of two older ladies.

I got up (to cries of "Are you alright?") to discover it wasn't my bus after all.
So I sat down on the ground, hiding behind these ladies.

When my bus did come, this old dude asked me if I was alright, to which I grinned and said, "Yes, just did a big stack, that's all!"
He said, "Well you were very graceful."
"Really?! I didn't know"
"Well, you don't have to believe it if you don't want, it was just a compliment."
What? If it wasn't true, why give it? I thought. But, he was just trying to be nice, so I thanked him.

Then I got on the bus to go on my way to a clowning workshop ;-) Good thing I'd had some training.

5 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2006 1:17 pm, Blogger Trevor said…

    It's a very post-modern viewpoint that man had isn't it, "you were graceful, but you don't have to believe it if you don't want to". Where is fact? Where is truth? Sad world we live in where compliments are peppered with disclaimers.

     
  • At April 22, 2006 1:59 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    where was the rain yesterday? it must be just in the spring'hood...lol

     
  • At April 22, 2006 8:22 pm, Blogger SuperTiph said…

    OHS, who can we sue?

    QUICK CALL NIGEL!!

     
  • At April 22, 2006 9:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm..i dunno if I'd dissect it that much, I'm sure he was just being nice about it. Whether or not it was truth or not doesn't seem entirely relevant, sometimes its just nice to say something to nice to someone, no real need to put it down to the post modern climate of the world.

     
  • At April 24, 2006 2:06 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    Yeah, in church the other day, it was funny because the girl at our Bible study was saying, "Yes, I don't want to get into the post-modernist thing here. Obviously we believe that what we believe is true. So how do we convince others to believe that our 'truth' is the truth, and not their 'truth'?"

    Then again, I agree. The guy was just being nice. I wasn't there, but it sounds to me like he wasn't denying the truth of what he said at all, but just saying he wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't believe him yourself.

    (cough) um... yeah... I'll get around to posting on my own blog soon. You'll see.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home