Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, April 17, 2006

AGMF

AGMF was really good.
Photos coming.

Things that happened:

Minimal sleep. (My tent was right near the talking area. Whoops!) I busted some people a few times for talking while I was trying to sleep :-s Actually, probably everyone saw a 'grumpy Nicola' at some point this weekend. Hope I wasn't too grumpy, and sorry if I was guys!

Music :-) Bands we saw: Sons of Korah, Scat, Mike Frost and the Icemen, Compliments of Gus, Soulframe, Parachute Band, Newsboys, Rebecca St James, Sounds Like Chicken, Falling Short, plus some people in the YWAM Chai Circle (love that place, and love the chai tea - it's my annual AGMF treat)

Absolutely amazing worship/Bible teaching. Felt like lots of things people were talking about were written or said just for me :-)

"Bust a move" - Lisa, Trev and I went to aerobics one morning. Hann and I did a hip hop workshop. Then I busted my knee and had to sit out. The next night I hurt the other knee playing soccer. Luckily Pete brought Tiger Balm and it was all ok.

Touring Toowoomba: Pete took us on some guided tours of good ol' Woomba. One night we took 2 cars, and Pete tried to confuse (annoy?) us by doing silly things eg. indicating left and turning right etc etc. Fortunately we managed to speed off and navigate our way back - we almost beat him ;-)

No shame: Janelle and I did karaoke. In front of 100 people. Singing 'I Believe I Can Fly' in 2 part harmony. And I wore pink penguin pyjama pants.

Alliteration: This guy called Cameron (he's a poet dude) did 2 Bible stories entirely with alliteration.
"Move the massive mahogany mast from your motion sensor, making the removal of the matchstick from your mate's motion sensor much easier."

No dancing:
"I went to the fancy pants ball
But could not dance at all"
This was because it was held in the cafe area - everyone was sitting down. Pete did the worm move and got busted by a security guard. So we all left.

SMS: So many messages saying "Where are you guys?!"

Food: It was good :-)

I think the best way to describe it would be- heaven practice.

1 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2006 2:31 pm, Blogger SuperTiph said…

    I could copy and paste my whole blog here. But I won't. Just go read my blog and you will know my thoughts on AGMF. It was good stuff. You all better have fun next year, even if I can't be there.

    And if you didn't go, well smells to be you hey? No really, I can smell you all from here.

    So, go read my blog, and have fun at next year's AGMF. And harrass Dave to get ApologetiX. And if you ever meet the PR dude for the Newsboys, tell him he is rude and it's not nice to make teenage girls cry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home