Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Connexions

Hey all u crazytown people who went! :-) and those who didn't :-)

The lowdown:

The speaker was great. He spoke about encouraging one another, accepting one another, loving one another and serving one another - with lots of little extras in it as well, which I thought was great - like the whole strong faith/weak faith thing? That's given me heaps to think about.

Tim and Adam are crazy, and hanging out with them gets addictive. Break the addiction - have a day off! :-)

Hann and I nearly died!! Not really. We went on a bushwalk and a bunch of us decided to climb up a creek to get back to the path. There was this log that was about 1.5m (?) above the creek (with submerged rocks) - and nothing to hang onto either side. Think balance beam.

Anyway, with some difficulty, I didn't panic. Hann said "I"ll help you" and grabbed my hand. Then she started slipping - and you know those terrible moments of panic where you think "That's it!"? I had one of those. But I just grabbed her and she stopped moving. We lived. Whew. So yeah, I'm glad we did that. I feel like I accomplished something and conquered a fear :-)

On the way home we (i.e. Tim, Hann, me, Pete, Gloria and Mathieu) stopped for ice-cream. Pete ate a litre.

Oh yeah, and getting there was fun. Tim turned up at my place - I was in the middle of packing. Then we had to get Janelle before I finished. And then we stopped to buy some props for the MC stuff, and also some tea. By then it was 5pm and we had to be at the camp by 5:30 so Janelle could practice. So we sped home, grabbed my stuff, and took the shortcut to Mt Tamborine. It was funny!!!! :-)

That's all for now. Maybe more later.

3 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2006 7:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeh i never was any good at gymnastics. Thanks for saving me nic I thought we were both goners!

    hmm my word verification was ccbtv... how funny.

     
  • At March 27, 2006 11:54 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    ccbtv...sounds familiar, but now my brain is tired coz it's 11:51pm and i just got home from prac, felt asleep while waiting for the train, and today's just orientation. anyway, um, i hope tim and i wont get a lecture from jim about having ice cream, lol :)

     
  • At April 05, 2006 12:02 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    It's ok, Jim doesn't read blogs. Maybe I can change all that though mwahaha.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home