Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Fun!

Sport in the park is turning out to be a lot of fun.

We played soccer. It was 30 degrees. We were boiling.
Pete goes, "Can you fill up my water bottle?" as I was off to the drink taps. Pat asked the same question.

I couldn't pull the lid off Pete's. I finally did, filled the bottle, and couldn't push the lid back on. Turns out it's a screw-top lid.
"Yeah, it's a special lid," he said. "It doesn't leak, see?" and he shook it. Water splashed onto me and some other people. Then began an innocent game of Pete's own invention - how to 'accidentally' splash people. Soon it escalated into a big waterfight.
The climax was probably pouring my whole water bottle down the inside of Pete's shirt. Or Pete and Pat ganging up on me - I, with my 600ml and them with their 1 litre each.

At the end, we were all drenched. (Gloria had to dry herself off with a hand-dryer in the toilets) So we decided we couldn't let the good times stop. We went and saw 'Walk the Line' that night. The movie wasn't the greatest (I think you need to know more about Johnny Cash to appreciate it), but it wasn't the worst. And we had fun going to the video arcade and playing driving games. And Pete figured out how those water fountains in Queen St work (quite by accident). Then we all got home late. It was fun.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home