Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Purevolume

Maybe I've been the problem
Maybe I'm the one to blame
But even when I turn it off and blame myself
The outcome feels the same
I've been thinkin' maybe I've been partly cloudy
Maybe I'm the chance of rain
And maybe I'm overcast and maybe
All my luck's washed down the drain (Switchfoot ,'Stars')

You can hear some of it at www.purevolume.com/switchfootofficial (click on the 'pureplayer'. Alternatively, scroll down the page and click on the link - you can hear the whole song in Windows Media Player)

No, that's it, nothing very profound at the moment. But while we're on songs, here's another one I found:

My hands hold safely to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen
So many years I've shaped each one
Reflecting my heart showing who I am
Now you're asking me to show
What I'm holding oh so tightly
Can't open my hands can't let go
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can't you let me go?

Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can't you see?
My dreams are me. My dreams are me

You say you have a plan for me
And that you want the best for my life
Told me the world had yet to see
What you can do with one
That's committed to Your calling
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again? (Barlow Girl, 'Surrender')

A struggle I had/am having. I think it's beginning to get sorted out. Hooray!!!!!

But a sad song :-( (go to www.purevolume.com/matthewthiessenandtheearthquakes and click on 'Poison Ivy' - but the rest are good too. And a bit sad.) By the lead singer in Relient K. All his songs are pretty good.

You can also visit Relient K : www.purevolume.com/relientk

And while you're there, you can check out Seventh Day Slumber's 'Candy' (another of my favourites) www.purevolume.com/seventhdayslumber
(and the other one is good, too) Actually, I wrote a poem that used a couple of lines from Candy once (I know that's probably copyright, but here it is:)

Worry
Is a bitter taste in your mouth
It poisons everything you eat and drink
Until you drink the Living Water
And realise
"Your love's like candy
Or like something I've never tasted before"

This guy apparently sounds like Eminem: www.purevolume.com/kj52
(except his language is considerably cleaner!)

And then of course there's Sanctus Real: www.purevolume.com/sanctusreal (another band I like :-)

I think I should get paid for plugging purevolume so much! Happy listening.

3 Comments:

  • At September 24, 2005 2:28 pm, Blogger Trevor said…

    Wow, thanks for introducing me to Purevolume. I'd never been there before, but now I know where to spend my holidays...

    I found this cool unsigned Christian band, I don't know what exactly there lyrics are, but they sound alright. They are Poor Rich Folk

    Well I thought they were good anyway.

     
  • At September 25, 2005 11:37 am, Blogger Gloz said…

    yea that site is awesome, but i couldnt find my band there...:(

     
  • At October 02, 2005 6:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woot, woot, put your hands int he air for KJ!!! He is the coolest. No wait, that's not the lingo. He's tight. His crew is repping for him, yo. I think I have that right. He's not whack. Yeah, I'm down with this talk. In the hood, my crew's got my back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home