Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Isn't it ironic....

A few months ago, I was feeling a bit down and decided I needed to read a book. So I bought this book, which was about "fighting for joy". Sounded good, so I bought it and took it home.

I read the first two chapters.
They were the most depressing chapters I have ever read in my life.

I spent the next two days feeling guilty and depressed.

It wasn't until the third day that I came to the realisation that God still loved me, and so I managed to wade out of my ocean of self-pity and sadness, and stand on the shore of sanity. Then I thought, "a book about joy that made me depressed.....that'll be a funny story one day!"

P.S. I did read the rest of the book. It was better. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home