Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Making decisions

I hate making decisions. Big ones.

I hate feeling nervous or anxious and trying to make a good one, then feeling crummy about the decision I finally made.

I hate worrying about whether I've made the right decision or not.

I hate trying to figure out which ideas, thoughts and feelings are mine, which are from God and which aren't.

I hate decision making. :-(

Help!!!!

Another problem is trusting God. To be quite honest (and He knows this) I don't fully trust Him. Not that I'm writing this to flaunt that fact - not at all. I need to trust God - after all, if I don't trust Him, who can I trust?

I think the difficulty lies in trying to remember 2 truths about God: On the one hand, yes, He does want to be in control, in charge of my life. He wants me to obey Him and He wants me to do what He wants and not what I want (if they happen to clash). But if I only remember that, it makes God seem like a harsh, ruthless slavedriver. The other truth I need to remember is that God loves me very very much, He sent His Son to die for me, so He certainly won't hold back anything else that will be good for me, He wants to have a real, close relationship with me and He wants to forgive me. The trick is to walk down the middle of those two truths.

And I have a tendency to veer. Like a shopping trolley with three wheels going the right way and one headed for the carpark, I am a bit all over the place.

If you're a Christian, what helps you to keep trusting in God, even when things are tough or don't work out the way you expect?

1 Comments:

  • At September 14, 2005 1:44 pm, Blogger Luke said…

    Heh, I can empathise :) I guess I really started trusting His decisions for my life when I realised, I have no clue what I want to do with my life. Plus even in the small things, I discovered that feelings lie - what I want now is probably not what I want in a little while.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home