Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Shadow Proves the Sunshine

That is a song by Switchfoot from their newest album Nothing Is Sound. The idea behind the song is that there are bad things in the world, that we are not all good as people, but that the shadow proves the sunshine - in other words, the fact that there are bad things and we recognise them as bad means that there must be some standard of good.

I agree with this theory. I don't agree with the theory that you need to have suffering or bad things in order to appreciate good things. God didn't make the world with bad things in it to make His goodness even more apparent - He created it perfectly in the first place. You don't need the shadow to have the sun, but you do need the sun to see the shadow.

5 Comments:

  • At August 21, 2006 6:45 pm, Blogger Luke said…

    Good thinking, 99 :)

    In all honesty though, when you think about it alot it makes sense... I just wish more people saw it. Yes, I know we should all point it out to more people, but yeah. Anyway...

     
  • At August 21, 2006 9:06 pm, Blogger Redhillducks said…

    Totally with 'ya on that one, Noof.

     
  • At August 22, 2006 9:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Absolutely agree!!! What an Epiphany!

     
  • At August 23, 2006 3:34 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Thanks guys. Nah, only point it out to people if they want to know....I was actually thinking about it when someone was talking to me about how we need bad to appreciate good....I wasn't going to stomp on their theory.....I think it's something people sometimes cling to, so they can get through tough times.....Maybe I need to offer them something else to cling to first....

     
  • At September 06, 2006 8:28 pm, Blogger Trevor said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home