Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Convicting

At uni on Monday morning, our guest lecturer was talking to us about various things, and then for some reason went a bit off topic, and said something very true.

"You know when the year 11 students get together in the locker area - guys and girls. And you turn around and you see that girl, or that guy, and you go...." (at this his tongue was hanging out, indicating drooling). "And you turn to your friend and you both go (drool)."

And then he said, "Have you actually asked that person's permission? Have you asked them if they want to be a part of that moment? Or are they just a piece of meat, just an object?"

I don't think he was a Christian, but that was one of the most (if not the most) convicting, challenging and helpful thing for my Christian walk this week. I hope it's the same for you.

3 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2006 9:07 pm, Blogger jess said…

    good stuff nic.

    too often we do see people as an attractive/unattractive bag of bones. the sad thing is that a lot of people base their opinion of a person on their physical appearance. how often have we decided that we won't get to know someone because of some physical flaw? they could be the sweetest person you could ever hope to meet but instead of looking a little closer people tend to turn to the china doll who has the personality of a shallow puddle in the middle of a soggy pizza box.

    good job nic, you got me thinking. everyones task for today is to make a new friend. now go..............................NOW!

     
  • At August 12, 2006 12:22 am, Blogger Mathieu said…

    Wow! I thought I'd had the most useless day today, until I read your challange and realised that I made five new good friends today, built stronger relationships with two others, oh, and helped six family members, and when you look at it properly, I've probably done more today than the whole week. Thanks for cheering me up, Jess!

     
  • At August 15, 2006 7:24 pm, Blogger jess said…

    anytime. that's what i'm here for :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home