Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Joseph's Song

This was originally a poem, and originally written for someone else. But I had this chord progression that I happened upon last year - it's a bit haunting - and I thought they went together well, so we'll see how it goes. (Btw, it's loosely based on the story of Joseph in Genesis)

I had a dream once
Visions of great things
Plans -
Exciting, fulfilling
Beyond my wildest hopes

Bigger than all my desires
Bigger than all of me
God's plan for my life
So real, so true
I could almost reach out
And touch it

But it has not worked out
I am a slave, not a king
I've been imprisoned, not set free
And I am not fulfilled

My wildest hopes are dying
Was my dream wrong?
God, what are You doing?
I thought this was Your plan...

Did You lie to me?
My heart is broken
My dreams are dying
All I have is gone
I am dying of disappointment
God they say You never fail

But have You failed me?
They say You never lie
But have You lied to me?

God don't let me down
Please come through for me
Because I love You
And want to trust You again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home