Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

a collection of thoughts

Bands improve over time. (Some do, anyway)

downhere is one such band.

I loved their first CD. I never heard their second. Now I'm listening to some of their songs from their third CD. And I have to say - it's a similar style, but musically and technically, they have improved. And they weren't bad to start with.

"So why don't we do
What we were saved for......"

A thought. God has saved me for something. That means it has to be a good something - if it was a bad something, intended for bad, why bother saving me? Why not just leave me as I was?
"Unless of course," says some horrible little part of me that I prefer to ignore, "He was just playing a cruel joke. And now you're for it."

Well, if I was a bit younger I might get a bit freaked out and lose the plot for awhile. But now I'm a bit older and I just say - then look at the cross. He gave His Son. That's no joke. He's saved me now - that's it. End of story. He's not turning around and going, "No, I'm not" - cos it's too late, see. I'm already saved. There's no going back.

Ok, so I'm tired and all that was probably a bit weird. Never mind.

Time to go write lesson plans. (ha - imagine what they'll look like in this state of mind ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2006 11:32 am, Blogger Mathieu said…

    Um... If you think that's weird, then I'm not posting what I was just about to (It was entitled "When are you hearing God's voice, and when are you just plain nuts?" beginning with the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac).
    No, I've gone through that exact same reasoning. They are the basic questions that show the need for Jesus. If Christians don't ask them, then surely we have no right to answer them when others do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home