Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Self control

Saturday night, and I'm at home. Which is a bit boring, but the good news is that I just finished writing something for Nightlife. Hooray. You'll get to see it in a couple of weeks, if you go to Nightlife.

A lot of what I've been writing about has to do with self-control. I think I need to develop some - at least more than I have at the moment (come on people - does a person with self control sit and eat 2 doughnuts after both tea and dessert? I think not! :-)

Self control is broad - it covers lots of areas.
* Am I going to go off my head at that person who just ticked me off?
* Am I going to have that extra doughnut?
*Do I really need to watch another TV show?

It is smart. It says things like,
"If I write the assignment now, then maybe I can read the whole book tomorrow (instead of half now, half tomorrow)."
"5 hours on MSN is probably a bit too much."
"Maybe one Goodies episode, not six."

Oh, for more self control. See Titus 2:12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home