Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Today

It's been an interesting day today.

I had a great quiet time. You know how sometimes verses stand out to you a bit? Or, they get stuck in your mind, and you think, "why is this verse stuck in my head...." Well, that happened to me, and the verse was Deuteronomy 1:27. If you look it up, I'm sure you'll be thinking, "and WHY did this verse stand out to you?!" But I saw my attitude in it - read a bit further - the Israelites are complaining that God has brought them out of Egypt just to die at the hand of the Amorites (another nation, for those who haven't read Deuteronomy).

I was thinking - it must have seemed like a cruel joke. "Thanks a lot God," they were saying, "You rescued me from Egypt in order to kill me out here? Why didn't You just leave me alone, then?"

And yet - God didn't lead them out there to kill them, He lead them out there to go and take the land He'd promised to give them. He was fulfilling the promises He'd made, but the Israelites couldn't (or wouldn't?) see that, because they were so sure that God's intentions towards them were bad.

And I saw some of my attitude in that: times when I've gone, "God, You just brought me into this to cause me pain and trouble." And it's not true. God's intentions are good. Some things are going to be painful and difficult, but God's purpose is not to cause me pain. I don't exactly know all of His purpose yet, but I know that, like the Israelites, God isn't playing a cruel joke on me.

And you have no idea what a relief that is!!!! :-)

And I've been cleaning my room - going through my box of 'stuff' - things I've kept over the years to remind me of good times, or fun things. It's amazing, the stuff in that box. It encouraged me - God really has been working through my life. So that was today.

1 Comments:

  • At February 17, 2006 6:00 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    I've had that same day so many times! I just can't seem think of anything that describes how much I relate to this post. Oh well, maybe some other time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home