Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Oh yeah. One more thing.

Don't recommend dating books to me to read.

See, I've slowly become tired of reading dating advice (or courtship advice). Contradictions abound between books. Some of them use the same Bible verses to back up two very different points of view.

I have a new idea!

I don't think I'll read dating books anymore. :-0

I think I'll try for myself to understand the principles that are in the Bible. And then do the difficult thing - work out how they apply by trying to put them into practice. Instead of a book telling me how to apply them - as though God's Word wasn't enough for me. (Btw, I'm not saying that everyone who has read a dating book thinks God's Word isn't enough - but for me I think I've depended too much on books and not enough on God's Word)

Heh - and then I'll write my own book. NOT! :-)

1 Comments:

  • At January 18, 2006 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey nic
    all u need to remember is Matthew 22:37-39. and you'll be fine...
    God bless x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home