Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Graduation

My sister graduated this evening. (Well, yesterday, really.) And she won the Home Economics award :-)

Something about school....it's a great place to be. You just don't recognise that fact all the time....maybe you don't recognise it until you've left! But just something about seeing the same friends everyday, who finally become like family.......Just something cool about sharing your life with people.

Maybe that's what this blog is for.....a poor substitute for sharing my life with you. Who wants to do coffee sometime? Or something? :-)

Looking forward to schoolies - here's what we get to share:
Food
Excitement
Nerves
Advice
Information
Friendship
Encouragement
Sleeping quarters
Sleep, or lack thereof
The bathrooms
Chores
Emotions
Pain
Joy

Looking forward to it all, guys! :-)

1 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2005 12:08 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    When I was taken out of the Brisbane Adventist College to do home schooling, I knew my life was over. I tried to explain to people that I had no hope of making the same kind of friends or having the same kind of life as at school. Every night since, I would have dreams that I was back at school, and in the dreams, even after all my friends had graduated, I would think up new complicated reasons every time why all my friends were with me at school with me. Then during one dream, I said, "What! do I need a new reason every time? I know that this isn't real, I'm just going to enjoy it."
    When I started uni, those dreams stopped. But uni certainly wasn't a substitute for school, so I felt worse than before. Then I got really involved in Student Life, and it was almost a substitution, but that wasn't the reason why I was involved. I was happy, but I would still miss the old school days if ever I remembered them.
    Then I went on the Schoolies Project 2004. It was better than school, or anything else I had ever done. And Student Life has been better than school ever since. Whenever I think about school now, no matter how good the memories are, they are just thought of as less fulfilling as the life I'm living now. I love my new life and friends, and I don't ever want to go back. I would never have dreamed it could turn out this way. Everytime I prayed that God would make me happy again, I always imagined it would be second best to school. But it's way better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home