Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Isn't work wonderful :-p

Approximately a conversation my dad had today:

"I want to speak to Pam, please."
"Pam? Pam who?"
"I don't know, she didn't tell me her last name."
"If you don't know her last name, then I can't help you! We've got 1200 people working here!"
"Yes, but they're not all called Pam, are they?"

During the course of this futile exercise, Pam had already sorted the problem out, called, and left a message to say it was all okay.

That was the patent office. But it's not just them - it's Centrelink, it's Optus, it's Telstra, it's the ATO, the superannuation, it's the accountancy software, it's Mabo, it's the vibe.

"Customer Service" is more like "Customer please-call-and-be-put-on-hold-for-twenty-minutes-while-we-find-your-file-lose-it-find-it-lose-it-again-have-it-signed-in-triplicate-and-put-it-behind-the-filing-cabinet."

I love work :-p

1 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2005 8:32 pm, Blogger Luke said…

    Lol. That was a good post. Made me laugh anyway. Keep updating - you're the only one who almost updates as often as I check ppl's blogs!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home