Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

"Great personality!"

That was our little catch-phrase for our shopping trip today - me and Hann :-) Boy did we have a great time!!!!

Hann is an absolute champion. That's because she is 100% honest and says what she thinks. She's also very funny :-)

We were walking to the shops, discussing what to buy. A girl walked past us wearing a see-through top with a bikini top underneath.
"You should get something like that, Nic," said Hann. "You'd be so popular. And it'd be cos of your great personality."

She was completely serious. I cracked up. And so the joke continued throughout the day.

We discussed an annoying characteristic we've noticed in some guys. (Note the word SOME - not all, k guys?) How they might complain about what girls wear, but as soon as some under-dressed girl walks past, they stop talking to you and openly stare at her at she goes by.

"Just checking out her personality, eh?"

I don't mean to complain - I think girls should dress modestly. It's just annoying when we do and then find that we get ignored for the girls who don't - even if a guy does protest he's not interested in that type of girl.

Anyway, we wandered through Target and I ended up buying like 5 shirts. For $50. Don't tell me I didn't inherit my mother's talent for bargain-hunting. You try finding a shirt for $10 at Target, let alone 5!

Then we grabbed a large Slurpee each (Slurpees are great on hot summer days) and chatted about lots of stuff :-) How sometimes it's hard to treat someone well if they don't treat you particularly well - but how conditional our love is if we only treat those well who act the way we want (there's my little - I mean, BIG - challenge!). And we talked about God's grace and forgiveness (and nearly cried :'-)

We wandered around through a few shops - through Myer. I showed Hann my favourite perfume ('Beyond Paradise', Estee Lauder, if you're buying ;-) and then she suggested I try the guy version of the same thing. At first it smelt a bit like Aeroguard, but as time went on it started to smell better. Hann suggested I marry the guy who wears that. "Just go around the city and ask," she said.
"But I want him to be a Christian."
"Okay, go around all the churches and ask who wears it."
"A marriage based on a fragrance? I suppose they've been based on less," I said.

We went to Jean's West. Guess what we bought. Go on, think really hard.

Meanwhile there was some Santa parade in Queen Street. But we missed it, we were busy NOT trying on jeans in Cotton On (Hann said not to, as it's a most depressing experience apparently :-p ). And we passed a shirt that I considered buying (it was in City Beach) that said "Schoolies 05! Go hard or go home!" I wasn't sure......so we didn't get it ;-) Plus, there'll probably be a stack of ppl at schoolies wearing it.

Then we went to priceline where we managed to get a lot of lip gloss all over ourselves....not quite, but there sure seemed like a lot of it! Hann insisted it made your lips bigger. I insisted it didn't.

Then to the markets where I bought a watch, and with Hann's help, a pair of awesome pink earrings! ;-)

Then we had to go. :-( But it was a great day!!!!! Thanx Hann! :-)

P.S. Today I read Proverbs 31:10-31 in devotions. It's all about the characteristics of a godly woman. Anyway, what stood out to me was
1) This girl has a lot of side-projects going on, doesn't she?
2) She's eagerly working.
"Spending 4 hours a night on MSN" does not equal "eagerly working". Therefore I'm not going on MSN until I come home from schoolies. So if you want to talk, please email me!!! :-D *I promise a reply!* And if I happen to stumble, fall, and do a triple somersault and end up on MSN, DON'T TALK TO ME!!! Thank you, I would appreciate it :-)

Until next time, dear reader ;-)

4 Comments:

  • At November 12, 2005 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No MSN? What exactly is it that you're implying about the rest of us and our use of time here nicola? As for jeans west..there's more than just jeans there (though i'm not sure the same can be said for just jeans:P) Anyway..enough now, tah tah.
    P.S Kudos on your decision for choosing a future mate based on fragrance, scent tells you a lot about a guy..such as the last time he took a shower, which is always handy to know:P

     
  • At November 12, 2005 5:10 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    I'm not saying anything about anyone else's use of time, just my own! If I had no schoolies prep to do, then I'd be on MSN a lot :-)

    Yeah, I thought marriage based on fragance was a good call too :-p Although lack of good fragrance doesn't necessarily equal lack of showers - if a guy has a shower and then plays sport for a few hours, it's not the same as if he'd had a shower and then sat in front of the TV for a few hours, you know?

     
  • At November 15, 2005 10:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well nic it seems like you summed up our day perfectly hehe

    i still think our lips were bigger after that new fancy shmancy lip gloss...

    choosing a guy based on fragrance? hmmm are we sounding a tad shallow? hehe

     
  • At November 15, 2005 10:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    by the way nic...

    great personality ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home