Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

All dressed up and somewhere to go....

I was shopping again today.

*I only bought 1 shirt - actually Mum did.*

I discovered that I really do like shopping. Just not around Christmas time at the Hyperdome.

And since that's practically the only time and place that I used to shop for high school - I practically had a complex :-p

But enough. Today I was in the Hyperdome wearing my street chaplaincy shirt from last year.

A lot of ppl were looking at me. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, "I must be looking really good today!" Then I realised that a bright yellow shirt screaming 'Missing peace?' might have had something to do with it. Ah well, that's an even better reason ;-)

So I'm standing outside some new shop (can't remember its name) while my sister and my mum were inside. My 10 year old bro had gone to sit down on these couches a little way off. And I'm listening to "This Love" by Maroon 5 (I love the bassline). But then this thought came that I really should go and sit with my brother, he likes it when ppl spend time with him. So since the song was almost over (only a 'repeat chorus 5000x or until bored' left), I went over to him and started to chat to him.

There was this guy sitting there on the couch. Suddenly he pipes up, "Are you going to schoolies?"
I climbed over the shopping to sit down. "Yeah," I said (how utterly undignified am I). "We're street chaplaincy."
"Are you guys like the red frog people?" he asked.
"Yeah. Only we don't have red frogs. Do you know about the red frog people?"
"Yeah, I got this card saying 'If you want red frogs, call this number anytime!' which was pretty cool. So what do you do?"
"We walk around on the beach mostly, at Surfers Paradise, and on Cavill Ave. We just talk to people, make sure they're okay. Last year I sat with a guy coming down off drugs."
"Whoa."
"Yeah, that was a bit scary. We help drunk people to the recharge zone where they can stay until they feel better. Are you going to schoolies this year?"
"Yeah. I don't have a place to stay, so I'm just going to stay up!"
"You're not going to sleep all week?"
"Daytime's for sleeping."
"Well don't get sunburned sleeping on the beach!"
Yada yada yada.
"Maybe I'll see you down there."
"Yeah, hope to see you down there. What's your name, sorry?"
"I'm Christian." (We shake hands)
"I'm Nicola. Good to meet you."

It's amazing what this little yellow number can do. I'm not even AT schoolies yet, and they're already asking questions! :-D

Only 6 days to go......
Pray so hard guys.

1 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2005 8:39 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Meatloaf reference?

    The only meatloaf reference I know is 'bat out of hell' - and I only use that in relation to crazy drivers :-p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home