Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Blessed are those who do not yell at passing cars, for they shall not be embarrassed later on......

Tonight on the way home from Nightlife, the group of us in Lisa's car found Nat and Ness stranded on the side of the road.

We waited around, hazard lights on, bonnet up, waiting for the RACQ man to come.

As we were waiting, people would drive past us, some slowing down to look, some just moving along.

And then around the corner, at an almighty speed, came a little grey Ford laser with 2 guys in it. The driver was swerving around a bit, and they were staring out the window as they drove past. This annoyed me somewhat.

"Learn to drive!" I yelled as they sped past.

Kylie proceeded to give me a lesson in proper roadside ettiquette: i.e. do not yell at passing cars, as they may suddenly stop, reverse and speed back and get out of the car. (Well, that's not exactly what she said, but her aim was to encourage general politeness). After protesting up and down that they couldn't possibly hear me because I'd waited until they'd gone past, we got back to talking and discussing the car problem.

5 minutes later, up pulls a car. "Do you need a hand?" asks the guy in it, looking concerned. Everyone else says "No thanks, we're right - waiting for RACQ etc etc". Everyone except me.

That's because I recognise that guy in that car.

It was the little grey Ford laser.

Suddenly I felt like a real idiot. And really rude. Those guys had probably driven an entire block - probably had to get back on the freeway and get back off to make sure we were okay.

Blessed are those who do not yell out at passing cars, for they will not later be ashamed of their behaviour.

(They don't call me Noof for nothing ;-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home