Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, October 24, 2005

The weekend

Note that I am trying to post a little bit less than I have been.

The exam on Friday morning went well - sorry Pat, I can't translate my study notes into English because that was English :-s

Then deposited money for schoolies and went to the chap, where I ate a lot of chocolate, sight-read a lot of older songs (Mathieu is a lot better at sight reading than I am), decided to go shopping, decided not to, then later on decided to and went.

Went to Cold Rock. Then went to Suncorp Piazza with gang. Rolled a coin down a grate (we were having this coin-rolling competition) and the boys tore up a palm frond and actually managed to fish it out! Well done, guys.

Almost went for a swim at Breaka beach :-s Would have pushed Trev in, but remembered he is a lot stronger and bigger than me. (Hey, it's not the size of the person in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the person, right? Well, I played it safe anyway ;-)

Pete had a bright idea - Mt Coot-tha! So after a scenic detour (and pretending Lisa and I were in the Amazing Race, using our American accents) we arrived there. And then time to go home.

Last night - Ali's farewell dinner at Pancake Manor! And it was good :-) She was suprised. Thanks everyone who turned up :-)

Church this morning. Church meeting this afternoon. I was the microphone girl (i.e. run around and give the microphone to whoever is speaking). AND I actually SUGGESTED something at this meeting!!!! :-0
*people under 30 do not usually speak in our church meetings - it's not a rule, it's just that not many under 30 come! and when we do, we quietly play noughts and crosses. Well, I think those days are over - I may have graduated to productive membership!*

Went to pick my brother up from a party. Met a little kid there. Asked him how old he was.
"Five," he said.
"How old do you think I am?"
He frowned, looked me up and down, and then pulled out his best estimate. "Eight?"
I grinned. "No, I'm 19." (Actually, today I am 19 and 3/4.)
He smiled. "I think I like you."
"I think I like you too!"
Little kids are so wonderful :-)

4 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2005 10:28 am, Blogger Gloz said…

    hey i think i'd like to meet that little kid too, then i'd ask him, 'how old do u think i am?', hopefully he'd say,'9?'...and i'd be delighted! lol

     
  • At October 25, 2005 10:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    little kids come out with the best lines...but they all tell me i'm younger then them :-( oh well, could be worse, they could say 90 :-P

     
  • At October 25, 2005 11:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's because you're as short as they are Jess :-p

     
  • At October 31, 2005 9:34 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    those kids at Linz's party thought that i was 56...
    well just one kid thought so, others thought that i was 20, so i still love kids! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home