Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

And if this is not truly ridiculous, I do not know what is.

At the start of this year, there was the iPod mini.

Followed a few months later by the iPod shuffle.

And now, just breaking into existence, is the iPod nano.....yes, even smaller than the mini!


We had internet. We had fridges.

Now we have fridges with the internet.

Pretty soon I'm going to be able to buy an iPod nano with a fridge and phone installed in it. That's if I don't invent it first, patent it and flog it.

All I'm saying is, isn't this a bit excessive? Is it good for us to have our every last wish, every tiny little want catered for, no matter how utterly unnecessary? I say: no!

"Back in my day".....*yes, we know, you had to walk five miles to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways*

Ahem. Excuse the lapse into grandparent-ness. But I remember when I was a kid, living in a suburb of Logan ;-) *go on, say it. I dare you. The word that starts with b and rhymes with 'Logan'.* I don't remember getting a huge amount of new stuff. Although we did get new things, but when we did they lasted for ages. I still have my bike from when I was 7 (admittedly, it is past its use-by date, and there does come a point when you need to get rid of stuff you can't use). We'd wear our clothes until we couldn't wear them when we went out anymore - then they became clothes to wear in the sandpit :-) *Hmm, perhaps my childhood habits are still a part of me...this could explain my wardrobe of clothes that are 75% good for wearing around the house and 25% good for wearing outside the house ;-) Unfortunately I can't wear them to the sandpit anymore, as we don't have one :-(*

And you know what? We had a lot of fun :-) Don't think you need an iPod nano to have a good time. If all you have is your cassette player and radio, then you crank it up and dance!!!!! You'll feel just as good as if you were dancing to the latest and greatest in music technology.

Don't let your old, dodgy computer stop you from writing your masterpiece. I don't care if it still uses DOS! Write. And if you don't have DOS, then pen and paper will work just as well.

Ok, so some things are going to require stuff that maybe you don't have yet. That's okay. Wait for them. If you need them to accomplish your life's purpose, God will give them to you :-) And if He doesn't, then you don't really need it. Or you just need to wait awhile longer.

God has a purpose for your life. Don't let iPod nano stop you from accomplishing it ;-)

4 Comments:

  • At October 06, 2005 9:45 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    yea my friend reckons they will have ipod flea really soon...

     
  • At October 07, 2005 10:11 am, Blogger Luke said…

    But the nano... looks... cool... :S

    I can't help it. I want one.

    :'(

     
  • At October 07, 2005 11:49 am, Blogger Gloz said…

    i heard that the screen of ipod nano cracks easily...

     
  • At October 08, 2005 10:48 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    Bring on iPod flea! Followed by iPod microscopic bacteria, then the iPod cell. Who knows, they could soon be selling the iPod atom - 2,000 songs AND sometimes you can split it in half :-p So what would that be, the iPod half-atom?? What about the quarter atom? Then there's iPod 0.1 - or even 0.01 atom. It just gets smaller and smaller! Can anyone think of anything smaller?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home