Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Freedom

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:34-36

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption. And by Him we cry "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Romans 8:15,16

"God's will comes from God's heart. It is not an impersonal thing, but a very personal matter with the Lord. He has a personal understanding of each of His children - their natures, their names, their needs - and He tailors His plans accordingly."
"God's will is not a duty - it is a delight. The Christian delights to discover the will of God and then obey from the heart. The will of God is his nourishment." Warren W. Wiersbe

God wants us to be free. He does not want to manipulate or control us through fear and guilt.

Yes, He wants us to follow Him completely, no matter what He asks. He wants to be first and He wants to be in charge. But why?

So He can bless us. So He can give us a full, abundant life - not one lived in fear, not one lived in constant doubt and worry, but one lived in freedom - freedom to love Him and to enjoy His blessings, to have our desires fulfilled in the best way possible.

Hey, that actually sounds good :-)


You raise me up
So I can walk on mountains
You raise me up
To walk on stormy seas
For I am strong
When I am on Your shoulders
You raise me up
To more than I can be. Josh Groban, "You Raise Me Up"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home