Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Signposts

The purpose of my life (or any Christian's life, I guess) is to be a "signpost". A sign that points to God. (see a book called 'The Fight' by John White)

It matters very little what the signpost looks like. As long as it can be clearly read and points in the right direction.

My job is to help other people realise how wonderful God is.

Lately I realise that I haven't been doing it all that well - I've been trying to help other people realise how wonderful I am.

Fortunately it hasn't really been working ;-)

Another paradox of the Christian life: when we are busy helping others realise how wonderful God is, I think that's when we are at our most wonderful too. But it's the icing on the cake - the big chocolate mud cake (or whatever your favourite cake is) that is glorifying God.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home