Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Tai Chi

A cockroach in my lounge room is doing tai chi. It is unwell. It lifts one leg, and then the other. It tries not to fall off the almost vertical piece of paper it is clinging to.

I would kill it, but 1) I hate squishing them and 2) Dad said he would when he got home. He won't be home for half an hour, but I will hold him to it!
Meanwhile, the unopened packet of barbecue chips underneath the piece of paper are inaccessible.

I'm reading 'The Cross of Christ' by John Stott. It's the first really scholarly, well exegeted piece of theology I've read. I plan to read more. And what I love is that it's so thick - it's not a book I can read in 2 days. It's going to take me a week or more.

The cockroach is still watching me.

7 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2006 3:02 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    hahaha, the roach was doing tai-chi, then it must be pretty healthy :p

     
  • At June 20, 2006 11:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe all the cockroaches are watching you...

     
  • At June 21, 2006 1:19 am, Blogger Gloz said…

    even those at my house...;p

     
  • At June 25, 2006 5:28 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    Watch Joe's Apartment. It's not supposed to be, but it's a horror movie about cockaroaches. It'll give you good survival tips.

    WV: ravevitp

     
  • At June 26, 2006 9:36 pm, Blogger Noof said…

    I've seen it. Not scary. Kind of dumb. Didn't like it! :-)

     
  • At June 28, 2006 4:33 pm, Blogger Mathieu said…

    It scares me how discustingly filthy the guy is. That scene where he's carrying the manure on the bus, I could actually see dirt on his face!
    Time to clean my room now, I think.

     
  • At June 29, 2006 5:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great choice of book, by the way. I love John Stott an excellent choice except for maybe C.S Lewis but then no one is as good as C.S Lewis not even C.S Lewis. Hmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home