Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I thought I created a post yesterday!!!!!

And it's not here today....hmmm........

Anyway, another ridiculous thing I came across for your entertainment.

I don't know if any of you (yes, I'm talking to all 4 of you who regularly read my blog!! maybe it's not even that many.....) have heard of the book Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. This is a similar book, by the same author, called Mars and Venus on a Date. It's not meant to be funny.....but some of it is.

Ladies, check this out: here is how to 'juice up' a compliment for a man (what kind of terminology is that?!).

Say he gives you flowers. Instead of simply saying, "I love these flowers" (or something similar), you can say

These flowers are so nice, I love them.
These flowers are very nice, I love them.
These flowers are really nice, I love them.
Flowers are always nice, I love them.
These are such nice flowers, I love them.
These flowers are such a nice gift, I love them very much.

Hmmm.....I thought the point was to express appreciation for the flowers, not to the flowers!

But don't worry men.....you didn't miss out! There are tips in here about giving compliments to women too - they say it is a good idea to follow a compliment with a question. A couple of examples:

"I really like your shoes; they match your belt perfectly. Are they comfortable?"

and

"You look so healthy and radiant. How much do you work out?"

Okay, so maybe I'm being too harsh. I know it's only meant to be an example.....but still.

Anyway, this book is by John Gray (and he has a PhD, incidentally, so I guess he knows what he's talking about!) While I laughed at some of this book and disagreed with other parts of it, overall it is pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home