Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday

I'm working.

On a SATURDAY.

But it's not too bad, because I'm getting things done.

Yesterday I had a three hour meeting with our new accountant (who also went to QUT - yeah!) He let me print out a bank statement from his computer - which was located on a desk smaller than mine, IN A CUBICLE!!!!! Images of Dilbert flooded my mind as I blurted out, "You really DO work in cubicles!" It was a real eye-opener. I think he might have laughed.

So let me add "accountant's office" to the places I have been to work: lawyer's firm, engineering office, high school and now, Level 5 of the National Bank house on the corner of Adelaide and Creek St.

MYC - how could I forget to post about it :-) I just thought everyone else was doing such a good job reporting on it - not to mention the PICTURES (of which I have none) - that I didn't really need to say anything about it. But I will make mention of a few noteworthy events, which did not occur in conjunction with George the monkey (unlike most other events at MYC :-p) - although everybody really does love George (myself included, perhaps Tim Muller excluded).

DAY 1: Before I got there, I was given a driving lesson. Thanks must go to Trev for his clear instruction, his patience and his calmness.
Then after we got there, it was time for registration. I said g'day to Tim and possibly contracted his cold - that night when I went to bed my throat was scratchy and my nose was starting to run.

DAY 2 - This might have been full-blown cold day. Not sure. Anyway, at some point during the week a few of us went to the chemist in order to stock up on Codral, vitamin C, tissues and, of course, the all-curing chemist jelly beans. (Note: If you eat half a packet within an hour, you will almost fall asleep during your next training session).

OTHER SIGNIFICANT MOMENTS:
Chatting with friends/missionaries and sorting some things out - questions answered, fears dealt with, opinions voiced, disappointment expressed, and afterwards I think we all felt a bit better. The amount of times someone said, "Can we go to the beach so we can talk?" was probably a record. But it was good.

Trev's car. What more needs to be said?

Holding Elijah (Jess and Kye's baby). I forgot how heavy babies can be - or maybe I'm just out of practice and was holding him wrong. It's been 11 years since my brother was a baby!

Being smart enough to bring a torch to NOT get scared by Missy hiding in the bushes on the walk up to the beach.

Talking with these randoms on the beach about Christianity/Jesus/God/Bible on the last night!!!! It was sooooo good! Relational evangelism? More of that, please!

Outreach - listening to a man who thought that the sooner life was over, the better - he needs hope. Pray for him.

Noticing Pete falling asleep, but forgetting about it when I was talking (is that why everyone was laughing when I was talking?)

Site A. I definitely prefer it to Site B. Except maybe the beds......too much SAND. Too much LIGHT. Too much NOISE. But I still like it more.

Going to the Ettamogah Pub on the way home - it's becoming a tradition........who will carry it on once us fogies in the old crowd are gone?

I didn't lose my voice this camp! Hooray :-)

Now I can go and get ready to paint the town red.....I'm not spending Saturday NIGHT behind the computer!

P.S. A cockroach crawled on me today. Ew.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home