Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Nic

When I was little, my dad didn't like it when we shortened our names. "Your name is Nicola," he would always say. So I went through primary school being called Nicola - only my closest friends called me Nic, and that was only after we'd been friends for a couple of years.

High school, a few more people started calling me Nic. Now a heap of people do. It's pretty much interchangeable. Mind you, if you don't know me that well, Nicola is preferable. Until you get upgraded. Lol - that's a bit mean, isn't it. Oh well. Call me Nicola for awhile, and then try Nic one day and see what my reaction is.

Meanwhile, all this time my Dad has only called me Nicola. So imagine my shock when tonight he says, "Nic."

What the?!

3 Comments:

  • At December 19, 2005 8:35 pm, Blogger Gloz said…

    Nicola Nicola Nicola Nicola Nicola...
    Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic...
    am i upgraded? or did i just upgrade myself?:)

     
  • At December 21, 2005 12:15 pm, Blogger SuperTiph said…

    Hey, I've known her 17 years and haven't been upgraded (don't really want to be either)

     
  • At December 26, 2005 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, there can only be one Nick around here, and that Nick is me!!

    Although it is good to see that you have adopted for the slightly more feminine spelling of "Nic".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home