Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Reflecting on 2005

You too can do this. I'm just doing it a bit early, since I'll be away for New Year's.


1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?: Leadership team for schoolies
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?: Can't remember what mine were for last year. But this year I made a vision at schoolies, and I am already working on it!
3. What countries did you visit?: Can't really call Longreach another country, can you ;-) I didn't leave Australia, but I went to Boonah (for Sonfest), Longreach and Toowoomba.
4. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?: a greater sense of God's love, and a greater sense of security.
5. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory?: 23 January, 14 February, 2 May, 16 June, 18 November.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year? : academically - I got a 7 in first semester!
7. What was your biggest failure?: I feel like I messed up a couple of things pretty badly - I wish I could have those moments over again - but what is frustrating is that although I know I'd like to do things differently, I don't know how I would. So let's not call it 'failure', although it feels like it - let's call it 'still learning'.
8. Who got on your nerves most? : Ah, that's a mean question! Besides, various people annoy you at different times - thankfully it's not one person consistently.
9. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Same as above question - no one was that bad.
10. Where did most of your money go?: Food, bus fare.
11. What did you get really, really, really excited about?: Sonfest :-)
12. Compared to this time last year, are you:
***Happier or sadder? About the same
***Richer or poorer? Probably poorer - I've just done Christmas shopping.
13. What do you wish you'd done less of?: wishing! :-p
14. Which song will always remind you of 2005? : 'Stars' by Switchfoot
15. What was your favorite TV program?: Frasier
16. What was the best book you read?: oh, Bible ;-) don't think I read anything good in semester one :-s lots of good books lately :-)
17. What did you want and got?: Lots of little prayers (and even a couple of fairly big ones) got answered.
18. What did you want and not get?: a million answers to a million questions!
19. What was your favorite film of the year? Not really a film...but I love the Goodies.
20. Who was the best new person you met?: I met a lot of great new people this year. :-)
21. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?: Peace!
22. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?: Er...fashion concept?
23. What kept you sane?: God, Janelle, Lisa, Mum.
24. Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most? don't know. spent more time on my blog than watching TV!
25. What political issue stirred you the most? : not sure
26. Who did you miss?: once again, not sure
27. Did you fall in love in 2005?: Hmm...well, I certainly learned a bit more about it.
28. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Find someone to pray with and talk to about the painful stuff. Take the time to think about it and work through it. God is not horrible - He is nice. And "sometimes the hardest thing to believe is the truth" ~relient k, 'The Truth'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home