Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Friday, November 04, 2005

an update

So I've swapped the clarinet and trumpet, which has improved things, and the dead furry animal in the trumpet seems to have shrunk a little bit - meaning we can now actually hear the trumpet! Hooray.

Now, I was about to start the chorus, and nearly started composing, when I realised....I'm arranging! I'm not allowed to fully compose a new thing! So I think the verse will be ok so far - it's not too original. Hmm. I'm worried about it now, but it's taken me since 7pm to get there, so I'm not deleting it!!! I'll just have to adhere to the chorus more strictly.

Please let me get a 4, God. I'm not kidding - a 4 would be great.

I thought if I wrote about what I'm doing to do next, I might get some ideas. It worked for the clarinet and trumpet.

It's funny how the right question can provoke the right answer. See a previous post - the first one about this assignment. Luke asked, "What kind of an idea do you need?" And that got me thinking about what I needed - something with a few frontline instruments that could have a new time signature......things started to fall into place. It's amazing what the right question can do.

It was getting really stuffy in here so I've worked out how to pull up the blinds and open the windows.....after climbing on a desk and attempting not to kill a computer in the process.

It's a bit creepy around campus at this time of night. Fortunately there are 2 other ppl (that I know) in the lab with me, so we're all alright!

Until next post.....

5 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2005 12:49 am, Blogger Trevor said…

    On the bright side, this being your last piece of assessment, you won't be stuffed if you pull an all-nighter tonight. I'm heading that way too, cause i need to study for my 8am exam, but the problem is, if I pull an all nighter, it'll stuff up my study pattern for my Monday exam (as in I'll sleep all of Saturday instead of studying, and then Sunday is Sunday, no work on Sunday, and then exam!).

    Good-luck with stuffing that furry animal into the trumpet (and pulling it out and stuffing it in again), sounds like fun. If I had a trumpet, I'd stuff it full of as many small furry animals as I could possibly get my hands on.

     
  • At November 04, 2005 2:10 am, Blogger Pete said…

    haha.. this is crazy.. It's 2.08 am now.. this post was posted at 12.33.. well, at least you're not alone. Only thing is, I wish I was actually doing something productive.. although I have managed to put this cool bible search tool thingy on my blog..

     
  • At November 04, 2005 2:24 am, Blogger Trevor said…

    Your time will come Pete, I'd give you a week. Then it's total chaos for you!! Hope your studies are coming along well Pete, 5 exams in 7 days is pretty intense. Be prepared.

    I needed some help, spent like an hour searching the internet, my text books, and all that kindof stuff for a decent explaination of the Laurent expansion to no avail. I'm very disappointed. Don't ask me what a Laurent expansion is, cause I couldn't figure it out :(

    So hopefully I'll have a dream, and all the answers for my exam will come to me, especially this Laurent thingy...Bed is calling...Good-night all you study-lovers and procrastinators.

     
  • At November 04, 2005 10:43 am, Blogger Gloz said…

    so u're saying it's creepy at 12:33 am at KG, oh well, i think 6 is creepy enough for me, i hate nite classes, uni is scary! no matter which campus!
    KG - just pretty much no-one's there and it's sooo dark!
    GP - bad experience about a possum...it came up and said hello to me...

     
  • At November 07, 2005 12:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe it - all of you pulling all-nighters never in my life have I pulled an all-nighter for uni or school twice for youth group though.
    I have gone to bed at one and then woken up at 3:30 though, three times in fact so I guess that counts kind of like an all nighter.
    Each time I hear people upset about uni there is only one thing to say - you only have yourself to blame and maybe your lecturers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home