Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Friday, July 29, 2005

You know those people on Australian Idol who sound terrible?

I think I'm one of those people.

Not that I've ever auditioned for Australian Idol. But I knew there had to be a reason for that.

I've just been mucking around with our audio-editing software - kinda like Protools, except not Protools. And to do that, I've recorded myself singing. Admittedly, Ashlee Simpson's 'Pieces of Me' is probably not the greatest song, but it's one of the few that has an instrumental backing track.

After a frustrating time of figuring out how to use the software, and recording the song....
"How can she sing so on-pitch? Why can all singers sing in tune?"
"They play the melody when they sing it," says Dad.

Oh.

Next week's lesson: MIDI inputs. And learning to play the tune 'Pieces of Me'.

Aargh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home