Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Psalm 139 (my version)

Lord, You have searched my heart.
You know me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up.
You know what I'm thinking about.
You know when I'm going out
You know what time my bedtime is.
You know my routines, my habits, my mannerisms, and which sandwich I'm going to order at Subway.
You know what I'm about to say, even before I say it.
You are all around me
And you are holding me.
You are so amazing, so wonderful and so intelligent
I'll never fully understand you.
Your Spirit never leaves me
I'm always in your presence
You are in heaven
You are under the earth and the sea
You are there early in the morning
You are even on the other side of the world - I can't run from you.
You guide me and keep me on track.
If it's dark and scary, and I can't see,
You can. It's as bright as the day to you. The depth of my despair won't ever shut you out.
You created my spirit.
You created my body.
I am your work of art.
You always knew exactly how I would turn out
And you have been watching.
You knew, before I was born, everything that I was ever going to do, think or say
and you knew everything that would happen to me.
God, your thoughts are precious to me
And there are too many to count.
We will always be together.
God, get rid of all the evil stuff in my life
Keep me from the influence of evil and the influence of people who hate you.
Your friends are my friends
Your enemies are mine.
God, please keep searching my heart.
Don't stop knowing me.
Test me
Deal with my anxious thoughts
If there is anything that separates us,
Please get rid of it
So that we can always be together.
I love you.

If you want to see the original version of Psalm 139, follow this link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20139&version=31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home