Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Grrr....

This is for all those guys (approximately nil) who read my blog. But if you're a guy, and you're reading it, then listen in. Apologies if this seems a little harsh, but it is a problem to be dealt with.

I have been talking to some of my friends.
And they are not happy.
And the reason they are not happy is because they have split up with their boyfriends. And those boyfriends previously said THE THREE WORDS to them.

You know the three words I'm talking about. They go like this:
"I love you".

GUYS!!! PLEASE THINK before you make such a statement. Ask yourself the tough questions:

Why do I want to say this to her? Is it just because of feelings? If so, are these feelings going to last? (Can I answer that question now - the answer is NO. Feelings don't last forever - two years is usually about the maximum. After that, love becomes a choice that you make, and the feelings are then a result of working on the relationship, rather than just effortless/involuntary)
Why do I want to say this to her now?
Am I willing to back this up with a commitment to her? (there's that c-word. If you don't want to commit to her, don't say it!)

And finally, put yourself in her shoes. Ask this question:
How would I feel if she told me she loves me, then a few months later broke up with me?

Look, if you've already made the above mistake, we'll forgive you. We're all human, we all mess up. But please be wise about what you say in the future.

And if only female readers are reading this, well, the same applies to us, eh girls? We'd better make sure we're not causing unnecessary pain to guys either.

Okay, that's my little rave over. Thanks for tuning in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home