Random stuff

This is a collection of random ideas and thoughts, which I will probably post when I'm bored or procrastinating.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The episode of Strut-Boy

Last night I was at a wedding reception (Kat and Nut's - yes, they got married and it was absolutely beautiful! :-)

There was a waiter at this place whom my friends and I were referring to as 'Strut-Boy'. This is because he was quite good-looking ;-) and would strut in and out, without seeming to do anything except add a bit of charm. (Hee hee hee)

So anyway, one of the girls was talking about him as I was eating my food. It was a fair way into the reception - I'd had 3 drinks (lemon, lime and bitters, nothing any stronger - promise) and I was feeling pretty full from all this food and drink.

Suddenly I hear a voice next to my ear. "Would you like another drink?" My stomach drops, and I freeze.
Slowly I turn to my right. Strut-Boy is standing next to me, his dark eyes staring into mine (okay, I'm making that bit up). There is food in my mouth. I feel like a complete dork. My mind is blank. This is what I said:
"Yes."
He continues to stare.
Okay, now you have to say a drink prompts my brain.
Once again, this is what came out of my mouth:
"Lemon, lime and bitters please."
He smiles slightly, nods and leaves.

By now the rest of my friends are silent, staring at me. I look at them.
"I didn't even WANT another drink!" I exclaimed. They dissolved into giggles.

Must have been my great personality, hey Hann? ;-) (Or my red dress :-p )

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home